Membership in TPOU provides you with the tools necessary to help your primate thrive while protecting your right to have your primate friend with you.
As you know, Texas Primate Owners United (TPOU) is an association of professionals and members, just like you, formed with a focus on providing support services, while promoting responsible primate care, and fighting legislation that seeks to unfairly regulate or prohibit the ownership of primates.
Not Your Father’s Advocacy Group
TPOU approaches its duties with your privacy in mind. Therefore, we are a private “business” association, not a charity. What’s the difference? PRIVACY. Your privacy. A charity is compelled to divulge its members’ identifications. A business is not. As a result of our business structure, opponents of private ownership and personal responsibility will not get a list of our members with the intent of harassing them.
Become a Member Today
Becoming a member of TPOU is simple. Join here. Join now. We all pay monthly or annual dues, for which we receive many benefits and services. The monthly dues are only $25.
Membership Benefits and Services
By joining TPOU today you will immediately begin to receive the benefits and services that come with membership:
- Fight anti-ownership legislation,
- Primate behaviorists and certified primate training specialists,
- In-depth husbandry education,
- Essential diet information,
- Training – modern, science-based, force-free training with positive reinforcement techniques that are used to quickly build reliable behaviors; from basic to advanced behaviors,
- Recommend enclosures and enrichment to create a natural environment,
- Help with medical emergencies,
- Rescue and outreach services,
- Safe capture,
- Workshops – hands-on workshops taught by TPOU’s expert instructors,
- A wealth of knowledge on primates.